Question – Is Acupuncture Safe?
In the hands of properly trained practitioners, acupuncture appears to be a very safe form of treatment. It is certainly safer than many of the drug treatments we use. However, any procedure that involves inserting needles into the body has some potential problems. In addition, there are a few “side effects” produced by acupuncture treatment that can be troublesome in certain people.
Here is a list of some of the side effects you may, or may not, experience:
- Momentary discomfort where the needles are inserted
- Drowsiness and sleepiness
- Temporary worsening of your symptoms
- Onset of a migraine headache, if you are a sufferer
- Feeling faint, during or after treatment.